- I have been lecturing Lizette a lot lately on not asking for things so much when we go to stores. I realize that I am responsible for this in that she is slightly spoiled, but I am still trying to teach her that she shouldn't expect to get everything she wants. I started with lectures about how things cost a lot of money and we only have so much to spend. Then it went into how there are many people in the world who don't have very much and we should save some of our money to give to them so they can buy things. I've sort of gotten tired of giving these lectures. So now when she asks for things I just say "We're not made of money!"
Then today we were driving and saw a pan handler. Lizette was asking why people ask for money like that. I told her that they don't have very much and so they ask other people to help them out. She said, "Dad should do that because we don't have very much money. We need to get some more." This made me laugh, but at the same time I'm wondering...what kind of monster have we created here?!
- You know how most of the time when you get the mail it's just boring bills and junk mail? I realize that 99% of the time this will be the case, but there is still something exciting about getting the mail. Who knows, maybe there will be a card from a friend or a surprise check for $100 or something? It's like playing the lottery every time you open the mail box. Most of the time you lose and get junk mail, but you just never know when you are going to score! Well, today I totally scored! I got my Better Homes & Gardens December issue full of fun Christmas ideas, a shipment of craft supplies that I ordered from Etsy, plus I got this:
I ordered the cute, headband with the fall colors on the left from Hilary's Etsy shop and being the nice sister-in-law that she is, she sent me a bonus adorable white one! Score!! Thanks Hilary!
- Another thing that has made me smile today is my hot cocoa station as shown below:
We have chocolate, white chocolate and pumpkin spice hot cocoa along with hazelnut, caramel and french vanilla flavored syrups. It's awesome. We make it every night. I like to think of my hot cocoa creations as Hot Toddies. I realize a Hot Toddy usually includes alcohol, but I just like the name. And it reminds me of my Grandma Weller. I think she would really enjoy my cocoa station.
- Jeff and I get two date nights this weekend! Huge smile about that!!
- And finally, Jeff got some new dictation software today. He has loved the SIRI feature on the iPhone and wanted to take it one step further. From now on he will only have to speak to his computer and it will do the typing for him. Cool, right? But do you realize how excited he is about this? I don't know if you do. I'm listening to him dictate as I type this post. He's saying, "Do you realize how cool this is question mark I no longer have to type period For crying out loud exclamation point I speak and it types automatically period This is absolutely amazing period New paragraph Holy Smokes exclamation point Thayne comma new paragraph hey my brother comma new paragraph...
Oh my period Smiley face
I love you Jeff exclamation point
That is a great post period I love the humor comma the fun comma and I especially love the cocoa station period new paragraph Jeff always has the coolest technology comma but it looks like you scored on the cute accessories period hahahaha smiley face period I sure love your family period
ReplyDeletei am pretty sure I was hearing the other side of that conversation. I asked Thayne poilitely to do it in another room EXCLAMTION
ReplyDelete