Here is the situation. I've been wanting a new front door for quite some time now. I hate our current door for several reasons. I bring it up all the time to Jeff and I think he is politely trying to put me off. For one, there will be cost involved and this isn't something we absolutely need. (At least that's how he feels. I actually do see it as a need.) Also, there will probably be some tricky work involved in installing the thing and you don't want to get it wrong with a front door. So, I can understand the delay. However, I still must bring it up when opportunities present themselves.
In the mean time, we thought we were going to have a big furnace repair bill, but thanks to Jeff's handy work, we were able to avoid that cost. He was able to fix it himself.
So here is how the conversation went the other night:
"That is so awesome that you were able to repair the furnace. That saved us so much money...
(Pause) So, since we saved that money on the furnace, maybe we could put that money toward our new front door?"
(Laughter) "You sound just like the House Democrats this week. They are saying that since we are pulling out of the wars, we can put that money toward the deficit. But, we never had the money to begin with. Just like we didn't have the money to repair our furnace to begin with." (more laughing)
(Feeling quite deflated now) "Well, maybe I'm a Democrat."
"Then, why don't you ask them to buy you a door?" (loud laughter)
Well, this conversation was hilarious to me just as many are with Jeff. But seriously, I still want that door!
I have an idea....write up a Front Door Act...anyone that has the ability to fix their own furnace AND the Senator that is involved in passing the act gets a front door :) Problem solved :)
ReplyDelete