Well, I have lots to catch up on. Once again, I am behind in my blogging! I have a new restaurant review to post. Jeff cut my hair. Well, trimmed my hair. But still...crazy, right? We went to the Fair. Lexi had her first official speech therapy session. I have been organizing our house like a mad woman. I made a ton of cake bites (aka cake truffles, cake balls, cake pops). So much has happened. I have pictures of many of these events to post and I will soon.
But for tonight I want to take a moment to discuss pet peeves. I don't know if I'm just in an ornery mood today or what, but pet peeves have been on my mind today. I have many. Most of them involve other people being not so nice.
One pet peeve of mine is when totally capable people do not hold the door for mothers with strollers. Example: I was walking toward the mall entrance the other day. Lexi was in the stroller and Lizette was walking next to me. We approached the entrance at about the same time as a teenage girl. I slowed down slightly so that she could enter first. She opened the door, walked in and let the door close again as I stand there with my girls. I was instantly furious! Obviously as a mother I've had to find my way through plenty of doorways with a stroller. But when someone is right there and sees that you are behind them, wouldn't the polite thing to do be to HOLD THE DOOR?!! Was she raised by wolves or what?!! If I ever see one of my girls pull a stunt like that, they will receive a talking to like no other.
This next example is a little more than a pet peeve. It's a disappointment in the lack of humanity in our world.
The other night I was driving on the Connector. I was going the speed limit when a guy who was totally tailgating me, swerved around me to pass me then flipped me off as he passed. How completely rude! The only offense that I could see I had done was to drive the speed limit when he wanted to be driving 90mph. Was it really necessary to flip me off? It's not like there was a ton of traffic. He had plenty of time and room to get around me. But instead he felt that he needed to try to "show me" what a complete idiot driver I was by flipping me off. Not nice. I think some people would say that we need to pray for people like that. You know what? I think we do. I think we need to pray that someone teaches them a lesson!
Would you like to hear one of my mom's pet peeves? I think this one is so funny. She would get so mad when stay at home moms did their grocery shopping on Saturday! My mom always worked and Saturday was her day to do pretty much everything including the grocery shopping. She wanted to be as efficient as possible at all of her Saturday chores so that she could enjoy some of the weekend too. It never failed that she would go to the grocery store and it would be so crowded. If she spotted someone she knew was a stay at home mom, she would grumble that they were making the stores that much more crowded when they had all week to do their shopping. My mom would not have been happy with me today because I broke her rule! I grocery shopped on Saturday and I'm a stay at home mom. :)
Pet peeves are funny. Usually they come about over things that are not that big of a deal, but so infuriating! What are your pet peeves?
No comments:
Post a Comment