Tuesday, August 16, 2011

20 Year Reunion

For the past year, I have been in charge of organizing my 20 year high school class reunion.  I have worried and stressed and stewed and worried some more about this thing!  It's not that it was that complicated to plan. It was the worry about having a good turn out, people having fun, having it be everything a 20 year reunion should be.  I guess I just felt a lot of pressure to have it turn out great and it completely stressed me out!  

Well, after all the stressing, I think it actually turned out pretty great! I think it was what a 20 year reunion should be.  It was so fun to see old friends, get caught up, reminisce, and all those things you do at a reunion. I think everyone had a good time and went away with a pretty good feeling.  

Mission accomplished!  

High school was a great experience for me.  The friends I made there have been life long friends for me. We saw each other through some tough times in life and I think we will always have a special bond.  My mom treated all of my friends as if they were her own kids and they in turn treated her like their second mom.  I loved that.

I'm glad I went to my reunion.  So glad I was able to see the people I did there.  And I'm SO GLAD IT'S OVER!  No more stressing for me!  About the reunion anyway...


Diane and Phil


Jeremy Rhoades, Me, Diane, Joe McKinney and Tami Parker
(Jeremy was my boyfriend in 7th grade for two weeks.  Our song was The Greatest Love of All, by Whitney Houston.
It was serious.)

Ryan Wolfe, Me and Stephanie Seib.
Both Ryan and Steph were great friends of mine in high school and have gone on to much success in life.  Ryan is a VP for Gap Inc and runs the Banana Republic operation in Europe. He lives in London now.  Stephanie worked for Disney in marketing for several years and has now taken a few years off to raise her family.

Me, Diane and Julie Macauley
Julie was the go to woman in planning the reunion. She lives in Lebanon and took care of a ton of the phone calls, errands and logistics there.  Total life saver!

I did face painting at the family picnic and the girls and I got some practice in beforehand.

Painting Diane's little girl Hailey's face.  She is such a cutie!

Phil, Diane's husband and Hailey eating lunch.

Heatherly Stankey, Chris Spence and Brooke Bingaman
Don't you love the name Heatherly?  Brooke was the Strawberry Festival queen.  I was miss congeniality.  :)

Brooke and Diane

Stephanie.  So pretty!

Me and Steph sharing a laugh.

Some reminiscing going on here I presume.

Liz Ahearn, Julie, Steph and I
Liz was a big track star in high school and still enters running competitions.

All of the classmates who showed up to the reunion on Saturday night. 

Friends and sisters!
Our parents were married the summer after we graduated from high school.

The next generation of trouble!
Lizette and Hailey had a ton of fun together over the weekend.


One last thing about the reunion.  Jeff was a trooper!  He took a ton of great photos for me.  He even learned how to make balloon animals to provide some entertainment for the kids at the family picnic.  I LOVE this man!

No comments:

Post a Comment