Thursday, February 24, 2011

More learning experiences

I've tried this month. I've really tried to be positive. We've had sickness after sickness in our house and on top of that I've had more migraines than I can count. Each day I keep thinking we are past the worst of it and yes, we might have one or two or even three good days, but then someone else gets sick.

Today it's Lizette. This afternoon she started throwing up. I thought maybe it was just something she ate, but it appears after several episodes that this is some type of bug. And there is nothing worse than when your kids are sick.

My optimistic outlook tells me that within days Lexi and I will have this bug. Hopefully Jeff can stay away enough to steer clear of germs.

I've learned through all of this that I do not handle sickness well. It makes me very sad and depressed. Dramatically so. I do not like being sick. I do not like my kids to be sick. I want it to end. I'm very frustrated.

And then I read a friends' blog today and she shared the news of an awful car accident that took the lives of her brother in law and nephew. I can't even imagine the shock and pain that family must be dealing with right now. These kinds of stories really make me stop and think about how much I take for granted...how much I complain about things that just don't matter...how much time I waste worrying about this and that. So maybe having a month of sickness isn't so much to complain about.

Once again, I'm learning.

Hmmm. Well, what have I learned through this little trial? I've learned again that we should appreciate feeling well! I've learned that I have an amazing husband who is so nice to all of us when we are sick. I've learned that my girls are troopers. Even through being sick all they want is to have fun and be happy. I've learned again that I would trade places with either of them in an instant so that they wouldn't have to be sick. I've learned lots and hopefully it won't soon be forgotten. When we feel good, we should enjoy every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment