Sunday, February 13, 2011

Looking on the bright side...

This week was not the best. I had a migraine for most of it. And when I say migraine, I'm talking a migraine of the worst kind. An on the floor barely able to move migraine. One day it was so bad I had to call Jeff and ask him to come home. And nothing seemed to help. I took everything I had available to me to make this thing go away, but nothing worked. After much frustration, medication and tears, it finally let up on Friday. Whew! So relieved.

I felt pretty sorry for myself that I had basically lost a week of my life and that my girls basically lost a week of their lives as well. All they did was play and watch TV for most of it. They were great sports, but I still felt so bad.

Well, now that the migraine was gone I was on to living again. I told myself, "This is going to be a better week. A great week!"

And then this morning came.

5:00 a.m. Lexi starts waking up. No! Why so early?!

6:00 a.m. Definitely not responding to my coaching her back to sleep.

7:30 a.m. Poops in the tub followed by Lizette screaming bloody murder "Mom!!! Lexi pooped in the tub!! Help!!!!"

On a scale of 1 to 10, I was rating this day a 1 so far. And I was frustrated. This was supposed to be a good week! Ugh.

8:15 My shower time. I'm frustrated and not excited about the day.

But then I start thinking....I really don't want to be in this kind of mood. I want to be happy. I want to have a good day. A good week. What can I get excited about?

Well, my girls are pretty fun and cute. They do brighten my day even when they do poop at inopportune times.

Jeff is great. He's been so good to me this week through my being sick. So patient and so nice to me.

Oh, and I found a new face cream that works really great and it's clearing up the big red blotches on my cheeks. That is something to be thankful for. (It's Cetaphil in case you are interested.)

And we found some really yummy chicken at Costco the other day that is going to be a great addition to our menu around here.

And a big bonus: we bought some great new towels that I've been wanting for a long time. They are Egyptian cotton and so, so soft.

I guess these last few things are sort of silly to be so happy about, but they do make life better.

All in all, I think I am a pretty lucky girl. Yes, I have my bad weeks like everyone else, but the good in my life far outweighs the bad.

Migraines or not, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment