I know many of my recent blog posts have complained about us being sick, Lexi pooping in the tub, etc, etc. I've tried to count my blessings, look on the bright side and do what I can to be positive. But when it comes right down to it, I've just been feeling sorry or us. I apologize and I promise this will be my last post addressing the issue.
Well, I think I turned a corner this morning and I wanted to share.
We've just gotten over what I think is our last sickness. Good news! I've been thinking that March is going to have to be a better month.
And then this morning came. :) Can you guess? Lexi pooped in the tub again!
Given my current mental state, this could have easily sent me over the edge.
But you know what? I handled it with no problem. Never mind the fact that today was my turn to teach preschool in the co-op we're in and it was due to begin soon. Never mind the fact that there was poop basically surrounding Lexi in an instant. Never mind the fact that both girls were once again traumatized. Never mind the fact that Lizette warned me that Lexi was pooping and I said "No, I don't think so honey. I just changed her. I think she is just making a funny face."
We were going to get through this and we did. I calmly remedied the situation. In the end, the tub was clean, the girls were clean and we were ready for preschool on time.
This was an empowering experience for me. Okay, so life sometimes throws us curve balls. Sometimes really gross curveballs. But, we survive. We are moms and we can handle anything. We just have to choose whether we are going to handle it with a smile on our face or not. Today I'm choosing to smile.
And, I think I'll come up with a different bath routine for Lexi...
No comments:
Post a Comment