As I re-read my last post about Lizette and Lexi, it reminded me of how much kids pick up from their environment.
When I first heard Lizette say this, I was a little troubled. Why is she talking about dying?! And why would she say that to her little sister?! We've talked about dying a little bit. Mostly because I have a picture of my mom hanging in our house and we talk about it pretty matter of factly. "Yep, Grandma Jackie died and she gets to be in Heaven!" We always try to put a very positive spin on this sort of scary subject. So, maybe that's why it was on her mind. Or, maybe she was playing with other kids and they said something like that. Who knows?
I guess it's just an important reminder that they pick up EVERYTHING!
Last night we were eating dinner and I put Lizette's plate in front of her. She says, "What the heck is this bread?!!"
What?!
"What the heck?" is a common saying for both Jeff and I. Of course she would say that.
One more reminder that we really need to watch what we say and what we are talking about around our kids!
Marcus always wants to hear stories about Grandpa and Grandpa Rigby and Grandpa Hill. He never met either one but he is so intrigued by the idea of meeting them after they are reserrected.
ReplyDeleteAlso..if "heck" is the worst she says...remember Marcus at the Christmas party. ey' ey' ey.....