Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Annual Rigby Christmas Party

Over Thanksgiving weekend we traveled to Soda Springs, ID for the annual Rigby Christmas party. I think this is the best idea ever. Every year we take turns hosting this family Christmas gathering. Every other year it is in Soda Springs and the off years it is at one of the kids' homes.

The party usually consists of a visit from Santa, a service, the sharing of the Nativity story and/or other meaningful Christmas stories, a nice meal(s), gifts, a slide show of pictures of each of the families throughout the past year, a fun craft for the kids, a craft for the daughters, and this year there was even a gingerbread house contest for the men of the family. It is always fun (and a little bit of controlled chaos)!

And, the other great thing is that having our family get together early in the month allows for us all to do whatever we want with our individual families for Christmas. Isn't that sometimes a struggle? Who's house do you go to? Or, we just want to stay home instead of going anywhere. So, this solves that problem! If your family isn't already doing this and it is doable for you, I highly recommend it.

Jeff's assignment each year is to create a slide show DVD of pictures from each of the families. Each family sends in 25-30 pics of their family throughout the past year. He puts the pictures to music and wa la...a beautiful little piece of family history to be enjoyed through the ages. He usually adds some type of comic relief at the beginning and this year he actually created a movie trailer. I think this turned out so great. I have a very smart and talented husband. (If I do say so myself.) Here it is:



It was great to see everyone last weekend. I really have wonderful in laws all the way around. They have welcomed me in as one of their own from the very beginning and are so much fun to be around. I love 'em all! Well, most of the time. Let's be honest. :)

2 comments:

  1. That is pretty impressive. Good job Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome video! So funny, thanks for sharing and great job Jeff

    ReplyDelete