Monday, July 26, 2010

"That's Going on the Blog!"

It's funny...Now that I've been blogging for a while, I find myself responding to the funny things that Jeff does by saying "That's going on the blog!" I thought I would take a moment to follow through on my threat.

Example #1: Jeff is the owner of an Ipad. Not an Ipod or an Ipod touch. An Ipad.

Being the gadget aficionado that he is, he loves it. He waited for months and months for it to come out. He set aside money for it in advance. He told me months ahead of time that this was a purchase that he was going to have to make. I think he would have sold our car to get it if he would have had to. And watching him use this newest treasure is something to behold.

You would think that someone who goes out and buys an Ipad may not be the most frugal person in the world and not very worried about spending money. Well, this is not the case with Jeff. Jeff will spend hundreds for an Ipad and absolutely freak out about the high cost of gas, the electric bill being $10 more than the previous month, or having to spend more than $12 when we go out to eat. I won't say he's cheap when it comes to these things. :) Just frugal.

His frugality came into play when he needed a stand to put his Ipad on in the car so that he could use the GPS app. Instead of paying anywhere from $30-$100 for a stand, he decided to make one himself. He rigged up some PVC pipe, part of a trailer hitch, a clipboard and some rubber strapping he found at Lowe's to create a stand that would fit in the cupholders of the car. Well, the concept was great, and I thought very creative, but in the end the stand didn't work. He ended up buying one on Ebay and grumbled about having to spend money for something like this. So funny. The thing that really made me laugh was that here he has this completely sleek, nice looking Ipad and he was going to put it on top of this:

I love this guy.


Example #2: I often watch Food Network or HGTV in the evenings before going to bed. I really don't care what show is on either of these channels. I am pretty much interested in all of them. So, Jeff gets suckered into watching many of these shows with me. Or at least, he'll play on his Ipad while sitting next to me as I watch them.

The other night "Cupcake Wars" was on Food Network. It's not my favorite show on there, but I'll watch it occasionally. Jeff was sitting next to me and somehow became very interested in the show. I was going to turn it off and go to bed and he said "We can't go to bed now! We have to see who wins!"

I said "You do realize you are a total girl for getting into this show, right?" He said "Don't tell anyone!" I said "That's going on the blog!" Hee Hee.

And there you go...

Jeff's going to have to create his own blog, so he can share all of my secrets. :)

1 comment:

  1. I still think a bit more pvc piping and a swivel hinge and some more duct tape and he would have had that stand made! hehe.

    ReplyDelete