Lizette has been taking turns saying the prayer at meal times and before bed for quite a while now. It's so cute to hear her sweet little voice praying. Recently, she has caught onto the idea that she can pray for whatever she would like to without our help. It's so fun to listen to what she comes up with. Here are a few items on her list of things to pray for:
Strawberry Shortcake and Mr. Man (both dolls of hers)
That the food will taste good and we can eat it all gone
(This is important to pray for in our house since both she and Jeff are quite picky!...and I get upset when they don't eat the food I prepare)
That Grandpa could feel better
That we can drive safely (even when we aren't planning on driving anywhere)
That our toenails could be so pretty
She also prays for Jesus and Heavenly Father, and I think they probably appreciate the sentiment.
The thing that makes my heart smile the most is how naturally praying comes to small children. We can learn so much from the faith that they have.
No comments:
Post a Comment