Wednesday, June 23, 2010

This is why we don't camp...

I can't remember the last time I went on a picnic with Jeff.

I guess whenever we go to parks it's just to play with Lizette. If we cook out it's usually in our backyard.

I think there is a good reason for this.

We decided to take the girls down to Julia Davis Park for a fun little family picnic tonight. It was a perfect night for it. Not too hot. The park wasn't crowded at all. The rose garden was in full bloom. We had our cooler packed and headed to the first picnic table we could find. Sandwiches, chips, potato salad, yummy lemon dessert, Diet Cokes for us, juice for Lizette...all the fixins for a good meal and fun evening.

Until the bugs arrived.

Not big mosquitoes or anything. Just little nats of some sort. I wouldn't say it was a swarm of little nats. Probably an average amount of bugs to be found at your typical park. They were probably attracted by the rose garden. However, they may as well have been an army of fire ants. Jeff could not quit brushing them off of himself and everything else during our short lived meal. He was utterly disgusted by these evil little creatures. It was pretty comical to watch!

I guess bugs like this don't bother me very much. I don't like bugs in my house, but they don't bother me when they are outside. I picked a few off of myself and out of Lexi's hair, but I still wasn't really "bugged" by these bugs.

Jeff on the other hand was not having fun! As my title explains, this is why we don't camp. At least one of the reasons. I can't imagine what a weekend in the great outdoors would be like with Jeff. We would definitely need the video camera for that! He is hilarious.

And here we live in Idaho. People travel thousands of miles for outdoor adventures in Idaho. We live in driving distance to hundreds of fun outdoor destinations for camping, picnicking, hiking...you name it.

Oh well. If not being able to go camping is the worst of it for me, I can't complain! I can't wait to drag him out for next week's picnic. (Hee hee! I'll take the video camera next time.)


I did manage to catch a cute shot of Jeff with his girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment