Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Surreal

Alexis Rose Rigby was born Friday, October 9, 2009. 7 lbs. 15 oz. 20 inches long. Healthy and beautiful.

The labor and delivery was long, but great. (No pain thanks to the epidural!) We had an excellent nurse coach us through the entire thing and she couldn't have been more helpful.

Jeff and the doctor talked a little politics and Fox News. Thankfully, the doctor sees things the way Jeff does!

I relaxed most of the day, eating ice chips and taking little naps here and there.

The doctor broke my water (finally) at about 1:30 and from there, things progressed quickly.

She was born with no complications and it couldn't have gone better!

I think one of the most amazing experiences in the world is becoming a parent. It's difficult to describe the overwhelming emotion and love I felt when Alexis came into this world. It was truly humbling. I love both of my little angels so much and am so grateful to have the opportunity to be a mother.

Here are some pictures of the big day:







No comments:

Post a Comment