Grocery bargain update! Sixteen 12 packs of Dr. Pepper for $12.32! Jeff loves Diet Dr. Pepper so this was a great find for us. How did I get this deal? Albertson's is having a sale this week where you buy 2 get 2 free. Plus when you buy four 12 packs of Dr. Pepper a coupon prints at the register for $10 off your next grocery order. So, you can turn right around and use that for another four 12 packs, pay $.58 and then get another $10 coupon back. I paid $10.58 for the first four and $.58 for the next three sets of four. Pretty good deal! Plus, with another sale they are having this week I was able to get three 4 packs of Angel Soft TP and three rolls of paper towels for $3.50.
HOWEVER, I must say that I am sort of getting disgusted with the extreme hording that goes on with these great grocery deals. In observing some of the other shoppers, I can see where this can get out of hand. Just because they can get something for free or almost free they take as much as they can possibly get. It makes me think that I really need to focus on buying only things that we will really use and need. I don't want to be the one to deprive someone else from getting a great deal, especially if they need that particular product more than I do. I wish other shoppers would have given me the same courtesy last week when the ice cream was on sale. I mean really...who needs ice cream right now more than me?! :)
I sort of feel guilty now for buying so much Dr. Pepper! I justified it because I went to a couple of different stores to get it and when I was there, they were restocking the shelves so I knew I wasn't taking the last of it. But, I don't want to let this get out of hand or anything. So from now on I am going to be more mindful of the things I really need and don't need.
There. That is my couponing confession for the night.
well...... i really appreciate ur concern for others. This concept is not limited to Dr pepper only, hoarding(including money and other resources) would almost in all cases lead to an imbalance in the society depriving someone more deserving of the basic necessities of life and thus leading to social/financial discrepancies in the society.
ReplyDelete