Well, after a long sabbatical from blogging, I am finally back! It's been a busy few weeks.
Last week, Lizette and I took a road trip to Oregon to visit family and friends. We had a great time and I am very glad we made the trip. We drove through John Day and Redmond going over, and the windy roads made for a bit of a long drive. Lizette threw up somewhere between Sisters and Sweet Home which was traumatic for both of us! It was worth the drive though. It was beautiful! And, on the way we were able to stop in Redmond to visit my Emerson cousins, Les, Kari and Kim and their families. We rarely get to see them and it was so fun to catch up.
After making it through the long drive from Boise we ended up in Albany, where we stayed with my stepsister, Chris and her daughter Ashley for the week. Diane, Phil and Hailey were also there for the week and it was so great to see all of them. Hailey and Lizette played (and fought) and played (and fought) all week. It was cute to see them interact and have fun together. The funniest moment came when they almost got into a knock down, drag out, brawl over whether or not Lizette was a 'big girl'. Hailey insisted that Lizette was not a big girl and this really upset Lizette. They were screaming at each other and the moms had to intervene before any blood was shed. I was laughing so hard.
Lizette and I made it over to Lebanon and Corvallis to visit friends which was also a treat. We went to the cemetery to visit Grandma Jackie and Uncle Andy. We took them some silk hydrangeas and gladiolus. I think they would have liked our choices.
We drove back through Portland and the Gorge and the drive was beautiful. On the way we stopped at the Enchanted Forest, an amusement park just outside of Salem. Lizette loved that and could have spent all day. It wore me out because it is pretty much all on a hill and my out of shape, pregnant body could barely push the stroller around! However, I survived and it was well worth it to see Lizette have so much fun. We stayed in Portland that night with our cousin, Amy. It was great to see her too. Lizette was a little freaked out by her dog, Cy, but otherwise loved staying at Amy's house.
It's so great to stay in touch with family and friends. I want my girls to grow up knowing about the people who have had such a big impact on my life. I hope we can always make these trips to Oregon.
I am so excited for Lizette that she was able to visit the Enchanted Forest! That was one of my favorite childhood spots and Oregon is home to some of my favorite memories!!! It must have been so fun to see all of the old haunting spots and see everyone! Miss and Love you!
ReplyDelete