Thought I would post a few updates on what the girls are up to these days.
Lizette is getting to be more grown up each day. And I must say she is SO responsible! She gets up every morning and makes hers and Lexi's beds before coming downstairs. She is so sweet with Lexi and tries to teach her right from wrong. She calls Lexi sweetheart and it is so cute to listen to her be so motherly. She recently had a major breakthrough at the Rigby family party. All the kids were taking turns singing for the family and Lizette leaned over to me and said, "Mom, tell Grandpa I want a turn!" I was shocked! She got up there and sang "A Child's Prayer" in front of everyone and didn't miss a beat. I was so excited for her because I know that took a TON of courage. She also volunteered to say a prayer at church recently without coaching from me at all. Wow! I would say she is definitely beginning to come out of her shell. She is a smart girl. She says things like "in fact", "actually", and "definitely" in the correct context all the time. She sounds so grown up when she talks. She is doing great with her reading and is catching on to math quite well too. I can't wait for her to start kindergarten. I think she will love it! She loves her friends and especially loves it when they come over to play. She is shy but social. Lizette loves to dance and we are going to get her into dance lessons soon. When we went to the Nutcracker she told me during the performance that she wants to be on stage like that soon. "Not when I'm six, Mom. When I'm five!" I guess we better get those dance lessons scheduled!
Lexi is just a joy all the way around. She is a bundle of energy that never seems to stop! She is a feisty little thing and we have to constantly keep an eye on her interactions with her sister and others. If she sees something she wants she will grab it and run. It's actually pretty hilarious, but in the interest of trying to teach her kindness and manners, I don't let her get away with it. It's funny because she is really feisty like this all the time, but if she sees that she has really made her sister sad over taking away a toy or something, she will immediately run back and hand it back to her and say "Turn? Turn?" It's her way of asking "do you want a turn now?" She does have a big heart and loves to show love and affection. She is always good for lots of hugs and kisses. She loves to take care of her dolls and it's so cute to watch her hug and kiss them. She is still pretty leery of strangers and even family that she is not used to being around a lot. She perfected her frown for Grandpa at the family party last weekend (sorry Grandpa). She is quite the little comedian. She loves it when she does something to make you laugh and will do that thing over and over again to get more laughs. Her speech is coming along great and she can speak in pretty understandable short sentences now. She has caught onto counting really well and can count to ten. She is great at puzzles and loves them. Her favorite toy: the iPod. They have some great kids apps that she loves. I'm thinking of getting her an iPod case for Christmas because she has pretty much taken ownership of the iPod.
As sisters, these two are already so close. They do fight, but they are learning to work things out more and more each day. They love to make each other laugh and love to giggle together. It's cute to watch. As I said, Lizette is the responsible one always trying to teach Lexi. Most of the time when Lexi is ornery with her, Lizette will just laugh. I think because it's so funny how blatantly ornery Lexi can be! It makes us all laugh. Lexi can also be very sweet with Lizette and I love that they already have such a strong bond.
Jeff took some family pictures of us recently and I thought the few that I chose for this post depict their personalities and relationship pretty well. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment