My girls...I love them to pieces! Just had to share some more of their latest happenings.
Lizette is obsessed with the show Peppa Pig. If you haven't seen it, it is a show on Nick Jr. about a family of pigs and I believe they live in England. They all speak with British accents and say things like cheeky. And instead of saying mommy, it's mummy. I think it is a cute show. I don't know that it teaches the girls much other than how to speak with an English accent and snort, but it is cute.
The thing is, Lizette is so obsessed that she really wants Peppa to be real. We had to go outside the other day so that we could see if Peppa was out there. I'm a little torn here. I want to tell Lizette that Peppa is only a character on a show and does not live outside of the TV, yet I can relate to her imagination. I used to believe Donny Osmond was my husband living in our house. I remember having that kind of imagination. She is five after all. And I personally would rather her be obsessed with Peppa pig than some of the other characters out there. Dora is really getting old and I've really had enough of the Disney princesses. So, Peppa Pig it is. If Lizette picks up the British accent, we'll know she's been watching a little too much.
Then there is Lexi. She cracks us up all the time. With all of the new words she is learning, she has some interesting pronunciations. Yesterday, she was asking for Fruit Loops and called them "foo poops". We had other kids here and they were all laughing hysterically. I have to agree, it was hilarious.
Lexi's obsession these days is with her baby. She carries it everywhere and is so motherly with it now. If she has to do something and put the baby down, she will ask me to hold it. She loves it when I hold it and treat it like a real baby. She can't go to bed without it now and it's so cute to see her holding it in her sleep.
These girls are just so cute right now! I'm trying to make the most of each day with them because I know before I know it they will be all grown up. I can understand now why so many parents want to keep their youngest kids a baby for as long as possible. We don't get those moments back. Even though it is exciting to see them growing up, it pulls at the heartstrings just a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment