(Imagine the light bulb going off in my head at this moment)
I am no fashionista by any stretch of the imagination. I could use a makeover myself! But, I decided to do some research and give Jeff some wardrobe essentials for Christmas. Since men as a rule don't usually have clothes on their Christmas list, I decided to try to make it fun and give him these essentials by doing the 12 Days of Christmas for him.
This started a few days ago, and so far it's been a lot of fun for both of us. He has liked the clothes and is excited to get a more current look going.
Would you like to know some of the tips I have learned?
From reading some fashion blogs and other online articles, I have found that every man must have several basics in their wardrobe. A nice pair of shoes. A great pair of jeans (or two or more if jeans is what you wear most often), and preferably dark. Dark is in. Some good khakis or chinos - flat front, not pleated. At least one nice, solid colored tie (more if you wear ties a lot). One good white shirt. A good, versatile coat--the one recommended was a military style coat in a neutral color. Some quality, basic t-shirts that can be worn alone or under things. And then depending on your career, a good selection of shirts (casual or dressy) and sweaters that can mix and match.
Layering is definitely in. And as far as color combinations just about anything goes. Although many articles did suggest that you keep staple items basic, neutral colors and add a pop of color with a tie, a t-shirt, scarf or other item that doesn't overpower your look.
So far, Jeff has a new coat, pants, shirts, jeans and a sweater. More to follow over the next several days. I think I may be more excited than him because it's been fun to shop for all of this for him!
Speaking of Jeff, I read something today on Nienie that reminded me of us and I think most of you can relate too. Here it is:
Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.
Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.
Louis De BernieresI love that! That is so true. Love is not a fairy tale, but it doesn't need to be.
Love the poem and can't wait to see some pictures of this new look!
ReplyDeleteI have been on the prowl for Brent as well. Great minds think a like!! :) So far I have accentuated his wardrobe with some new slip on casuals(I think Sketcher brand), and some new jeans, t-shirt, and button up shirt from the Buckle. It is fun shopping for the guys isn't it. Oh...he doesn't know about those things yet so hush hush :)
ReplyDelete