About two days leading up to Halloween a fever and cold hit Lizette and it only just started getting better a couple of days ago. So, all the anticipation of the trick or treating (actually it would have been 'trunk or treating' for us) and wearing her Cowgirl Jessie costume was for naught. Thankfully, her preschool group had a little Halloween party so I did get one picture of her in her costume (minus the cute, red cowgirl hat).

I didn't even get a picture of Lexi in our 'Marie' from the Aristocats costume that Lizette wore for two years. I think I'll put it on her tomorrow and try to snap some pics. Here is Lizette wearing it when she was one:
(Maybe Halloween just isn't her holiday?)Here are a few pictures I snapped of our sickos this week:
This is where she was most of the week. Watching way too much TV! In fact, we've never watched much Nickelodeon before this week and I'm glad. They have so many toy commercials! I think PBS is the way to go. They pretty much only advertise organic baby food.
Since we've had this cold thing in our house this week, it has been relatively uneventful. We did get out today and had lunch with our good friend Laura. We got to see her beautifully remodeled home in the North End of Boise. It is gorgeous! It's like something you would see on This Old House or HGTV.
If you're not familiar with the North End of Boise, it is full of charming, older homes. Many of which have been redone very nicely. If we were to ever move again, Jeff and I have often said we would buy another 'fixer upper'. I love the charm and details of older homes and sometimes miss our home on Rose Hill. I think we made the right decision to move because of the busy street and it wasn't so kid friendly. But I really miss the charm of our little home. We put so much hard work into it and it turned out to be just what we wanted. Bear with me as I take a little trip down memory lane...

+Home+Documentation+-+Upstairs.jpg)
+Home+Documentation+-+Downstairs.jpg)
Good memories. But we are very happy where we are at now too. Home is where your heart is, right?
I'm going to make this an incredibly long post and share a few of our family photos that our professional photographer friend, Shandy, took for us recently. I don't know if I've mentioned this in a past post or not, but our photo session was in my opinion a disaster. Lexi cried most of the time. Every time we would get posed for a picture, she would scream. I was stressed. Jeff was stressed. We were thinking there would be no way we would get any decent pictures out of that. Shandy kept reassuring us and telling us she thought they were going to be great. I wasn't so sure. But then, a true miracle happened! Shandy worked her magic and we got some great pictures. If you live in Boise, check her out. She really does a great job.





Since we've had this cold thing in our house this week, it has been relatively uneventful. We did get out today and had lunch with our good friend Laura. We got to see her beautifully remodeled home in the North End of Boise. It is gorgeous! It's like something you would see on This Old House or HGTV.
If you're not familiar with the North End of Boise, it is full of charming, older homes. Many of which have been redone very nicely. If we were to ever move again, Jeff and I have often said we would buy another 'fixer upper'. I love the charm and details of older homes and sometimes miss our home on Rose Hill. I think we made the right decision to move because of the busy street and it wasn't so kid friendly. But I really miss the charm of our little home. We put so much hard work into it and it turned out to be just what we wanted. Bear with me as I take a little trip down memory lane...

+Home+Documentation+-+Upstairs.jpg)
+Home+Documentation+-+Downstairs.jpg)
Good memories. But we are very happy where we are at now too. Home is where your heart is, right?I'm going to make this an incredibly long post and share a few of our family photos that our professional photographer friend, Shandy, took for us recently. I don't know if I've mentioned this in a past post or not, but our photo session was in my opinion a disaster. Lexi cried most of the time. Every time we would get posed for a picture, she would scream. I was stressed. Jeff was stressed. We were thinking there would be no way we would get any decent pictures out of that. Shandy kept reassuring us and telling us she thought they were going to be great. I wasn't so sure. But then, a true miracle happened! Shandy worked her magic and we got some great pictures. If you live in Boise, check her out. She really does a great job.





I loved your home on Rose Hill...but I have to say I love they way you've decorated your new home too! You have a nack...you really do.
ReplyDeleteIt's so sad when the kids are sick...bummer bummer....but boy was she a cute Jessie! Our girls must be kindred spirits-haha
I love the new Shandy pictures, So cute! I love Lizette's sweater!
ReplyDeleteSo sad that they were sick for Halloween. We all got the stomach flu the next day after Halloween. That was NO FUN but at least we got to enjoy Halloween night.