I think this is sweet: Last Sunday at church I was trying to keep Lizette quiet, and I told her that it would make Jesus happy if she were quiet and reverent at church. She proceeded to fold her arms, sit down on the bench and sat very quietly for a couple of minutes. I noticed the entire time she was looking around as if she were searching for something.
Finally, she leaned over and whispered, "Mommy, where is Jesus?"
"Um, he is in heaven."
"Is he happy?"
"Yes, sweetie, he is very happy."
Lizette started swim lessons this week and she is doing great. She's always been a little apprehensive in the water, but this year she is really catching on to the fun of it. She loves to pretend she is a frog and kick her legs in the water. So far, her favorite part of class is blowing bubbles in the water and she is excellent at it!
Jeff is becoming more of an inspiration to me every day. He has been on a diet and has lost about 10 pounds so far. (Looking good, honey!) Losing weight is so hard and I really admire him for being so committed. I know, anyone reading this is probably thinking "Why does Jeff need to lose weight?" Well, he's just trying to shed those few extra pounds and "buff up" a bit. Of course, he has to do this when I'm pregnant so that I feel that much worse about my ever expanding body! How inconsiderate of him. :)
He has also set a goal to have a more positive attitude and it is really rubbing off on his hormonal, cranky wife. It's hard to stay in a rut when you have someone constantly trying to look for the positive. I guess I'll have to say goodbye to my afternoons of eating bon bons and watching Oprah.
As for me, my latest obsession is clipping coupons. I've been into this off and on for the past year or so, but my niece-in-law, Jamie, has me hooked again. My latest deal is paying only fifty cents for cereal! (Frosted Mini Wheats...not bad!) I go to bed at night thinking about what sort of good deals I might be able to find in the next Sunday paper. This is just one more avenue for me to display my OCD tendencies. I have my coupons all organized by type of product, and I have organized all of our food so that I can easily keep an inventory of what we are using and what I should be looking to buy next. Oh, the satisfaction that comes from being able to control this little part of my life! And even more satisfaction comes from saving so much money. (Check out my blog links for some great coupon sites. They have been really helpful to me.)
No comments:
Post a Comment