I know this is probably silly to post a blog about the good deals I found at the grocery store, but I'm going to anyway!
So, I've been clipping coupons from the Sunday paper and also printing them from online coupon sites. I had a bunch of cereal coupons this week and Albertson's is having a pretty good sale on General Mills cereals. If you spend $25 on General Mills products, you get $10 off your next grocery purchase. So, I went in, used the coupons I had and loaded up on cereal along with some frosting that was on sale that I had coupons for. I bought 12 boxes of cereal, 4 containers of Betty Croker frosting and a large jar of Best Foods mayonnaise for $25. And, I was able to get the $10 coupon. Not too bad, but it gets better...
I went back the next day, bought $25 worth of cereal and frosting and was able to use more coupons and the $10 off coupon I got from my first $25 purchase. My total for 10 boxes of cereal and one container of frosting was $10.98, including tax! Plus, I got another $10 off coupon that I can use on my next purchase. So, I spent $36 to get all this, plus I get the extra $10 off, which technically brings my total to $26 for 22 boxes of cereal, 5 containers of frosting and a jar of mayo.
I know...some of you may be thinking, what are you going to do with that much cereal?! Cereal has a pretty long shelf life and it's all cereals that we like to eat. So, I've basically just stocked our pantry for the next several months. Mayo and frosting are always nice to have on hand too, so I felt good about buying those items.
I was pretty excited about this deal, but I've read posts on other coupon clipping blogs where shoppers have gotten even better deals than this. $.25 or $.50 for cereal in a lot of cases. I hope as I go along with this and continue to accumulate more coupons, I'll be able to cash in on even better deals too!
Okay, I'm done. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment