Sunday, January 27, 2013

Year end wrap up...a little late!

Oh blog, how I have neglected you! I'm so sorry. I just can't seem to get motivated to get on here lately. I apologize to all of you have been dying to hear what the Rigby's have been up to! This must have been difficult for you to wait all this time.  :)

Well, the end of 2012 was very fun. We took off to Utah in early December to go see Abby, Diane and Phil and Hailey, as well as Emma and Andrea! It was super fun. I was hoping to get to see Kim too but they were in Park City celebrating birthdays. Darn them. Of course we did lots of shopping. :) Ikea. I love that place. Diane and I hit a great sale at Downeast and I love that place too. We also found a fantastic new outlet mall that was having a great sale at Banana Republic. I love that place too. It was fun to see Diane and Phil. They live in the cutest neighborhood in South Jordan called Daybreak. Love it! It was fun to hang out with them and visit for the weekend. It will be fun to have them closer! Then Abby hosted a family gathering at her place and we got to see Andrea and her little cutie, Kelsie as well as Emma who goes to BYU. They are all so cute and it was so fun to get to see them. Love my nieces! It was soooo cold that weekend and Jeff and I were the only ones brave/dumb enough to go downtown and see the lights at Temple Square. I begged to go and then once we got there I really wanted back in the car. He was getting into taking pictures and I was like "LETS GO! Enough with the pictures!" Anyway, it was fun. ;)



Above at Diane's house with Diane and Hailey making a gingerbread house. Lexi loves Diane and tells me so all the time. "Mom, I love Diane." It's so cute. :)


Here are the girls with Kelsie just before the Choir broadcast at Temple Square. Kelsie is the cutest little girl. So much personality! Glad she lives closer now too.


And here are Mr. Rigby and I in the freezing cold at Temple Square. Whose bright idea was that anyway?!!  Of course it was worth it because the lights are amazing but it was soooo cold!


The lump...

After we got back from Utah I wasn't feeling so well. Thought I might be coming down with something and it did turn out that I had strep throat. Well in the midst of this, I discovered a lump under my arm. A lump! I wondered if it might be related to my cold somehow. Like my lymph glands being all out of whack or something. But then I learned that when it comes to lumps, I am a complete hypochondriac. I immediately jumped to thinking cancer and then jumped right ahead to who was going to take care of the girls when I go to chemo and the whole bit. I was just sure that I had lymphoma or something. I'm so silly. I guess with my family history it's sort of hard not to be. Anyway, I went in to have it checked and it turned out to just be an abscess that they had to drain. You know what? NOT FUN! They had to give me a shot in my arm pit and then drain the thing. You would think that I was undergoing a major operation because I almost passed out right there. The nurse had to stay with me for quite a while to make sure I didn't. My family better pray that I never do get anything serious. It won't be pretty.

Christmas...

Christmas was great as it always is. The girls had so much fun this year. They are at the cutest ages right now and it is so fun to experience the wonder of Christmas with them. Lizette wanted a sleeping bag and a cash register this year. Lexi didn't really ask for anything but she loves, loves babies so we guessed that would be a hit. And it was! We found a baby that looks like an actual newborn and she loves it. They had both received 18" dolls for their birthdays. Not the real deal American Girl dolls but cute alternatives. ;) I asked Abby if she would make them some clothes for them for part of their Christmas too. I should have known that Abby would take this assignment and go all out! She made them soooo many cute clothes! These dolls have a better wardrobe than I do. They are so cute too. I want a doll now too just so I can play with them and dress them up. Seriously! The girls love them and are having so much fun with them. I love that they play with them. They play with them together and it just seems like such fun and such a great thing to do as sisters. Love it! It was funny because Lizette has caught on to the fact that her doll is not the real American Girl doll and we told her if she wanted one she could earn one by reading 100 books. She thought about it and then told us that she would rather just earn the money. She said she likes her doll just fine. I thought that was funny. I guess if she's happy with it I won't argue.





Christmas Eve...opening our pajamas, the girls special gifts and some family games. Jeff got some awesome Avengers PJs this year. A big hit! 
Oh, and the girls special gifts are a tradition where we give them something to remind them of the true meaning of Christmas or something to remind them of Jesus. This year I found some really sweet pictures of Jesus with little girls that reminded me of them and I framed them and that was their gift. My mom used to do a similar tradition for me and I like to carry it on with my girls. 



Lizette sporting the adorable scarf that Grandma Rigby made for her. Lexi got one too. Love them! And Lexi with her treasure box from Grandma and Grandpa Rigby, full of fun things. The girls loved them! Aunt Abby gave Lexi a full on Doctor uniform. Lexi loves playing doctor so this was a big hit!

This is Rosie, Lizette's doll. Rosie is wearing the Christmas dress that Aunt Abby made for her. Yes, they even have their own Christmas dresses!  

And Lexi with her sweet little baby. Isn't it almost kind of scary how real she looks? :) 

This was my Christmas breakfast creation. A french toast recipe from the Pioneer Woman. Yum! I even made buttermilk syrup to go with it. Double Yum! 


Alright, next post I will try to catch up on what we've been up to since the beginning of the year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment