Once again, we've been doing lots and I have much to catch up on. A fun trip to Utah. Many fun Christmas happenings and fun events. However, this post is not about that. I will catch up in the next post.
My mind cannot get off of the events of last week in Connecticut. When I heard the news, like everyone else I was heartbroken. For those children. Those families. The entire community that will be impacted for months and years to come. What is this world we live in? The violence and evil that seems to be so prominent that our kids aren't safe in school? Our little ones even? I was sick.
The next day our family had a Christmas activity planned and my heart was not in it. Angel had a fun service scavenger hunt all mapped out for us. Then we were going to do a Pinata and lunch and games and dinner and it was to be a fun day for us. But I really was not in the partying mood at all. I think my family could tell. My game face was definitely not on. The last couple of months have not been easy for me and the news on Friday was breaking my heart even more.
I must say though that when we got out there on that service scavenger hunt an amazing thing happened. I began to feel better. We did things like paying for the people behind us in the drive through. We left dollars in the dollar store with notes attached to them telling people to spread the Christmas cheer. We took Poinsettias to nursing homes and visited the people there. We left quarters on vending machines, candy canes on windshields. We picked up trash. Bought a toy for Toys for Tots. We did all sorts of fun things. By the time we were done, I felt a little better.
Yes, there is so much bad in the world. There will always be. But there is so much good too. We can't let the events like Friday discourage us to the point of giving up hope. There is good all around us. We need to take that good and try to make a difference. We need to try to help those that need it.
I personally find so much comfort and hope in the Savior. His love and knowing that there is so much more beyond this world brings me so much relief. If this world was it, it would be sad. But there is a beautiful Heaven waiting for us all and I know that is where all of those 26 victims are right now and they were immediately greeted by a loving Father in Heaven when they passed. As awful as it was how they died, as soon as it was over, I know they were taken into the most beautiful place imaginable. That brings me comfort and I hope it does their families as well.
I saw this picture on Facebook and as soon as I did I felt so much better. I want to buy it for our home. The title of it is 'Security'. So appropriately named. That is exactly what I feel when I look at it.

Thank you Jackie, so very true. I saw a quote once (probably on Facebook). That had stock with me. "BElieve THEre is GOOD in the world." Now read that just reading the capital letters. So true, there is good in the world, And we can add to the good by doing acts of kindness continually. Thank you for always being someone I wanted to be like. Good, kind and loving.
ReplyDelete