So, Jeff's 38th birthday was on September 26th. Yes, he is old. Poor guy. He is a year and a half younger than I am but he looks so much older. People don't have to say it, but I can tell they are thinking that he robbed the cradle. (hee hee) I don't want to get too sappy here, but I seriously think Jeff gets better looking every year.
Lizette got Jeff Bill O'Reilly's "Killing Lincoln" on audiobook. Lexi got him a new mug for work. And I got him a much needed new pair of shoes.
You know that every once in a while I have to share a good bargain. :-) Recently, I've been on a thrift store kick again. I can't remember what it was I went shopping for to begin with that got me started but I got hooked. I think it was something for the house. Anyway, I was at Saver's one day and found a Lalaloopsy doll for $2.99. $2.99! These are normally like $30.00. Then I went back the next week and found this Dora doll for $2.99. Normally like $20.00. And the girls love them. Seriously, don't you think I should join forces with that Toy Hunter show? I am really good at this. :-)
And we really do need more toys at our house. Okay, so we don't! Stop judging me! :-)
We are excited that it's Fall at our house! I love to get out the Fall decorations and my Fall scented candles. YUM! I'm in a craft group that meets once a week and this week we made this:
I love it! It made me so excited for Fall and to make even more decorations. Next, I need to make some pillow covers for my outside pillows and add a couple of mums to my front flower bed.
The girls are excited too. For family night the other night, Jeff helped them carve a pumpkin and they loved it. Lizette designed it and Jeff did the carving. Lexi cheered on. :-)
I've been dying to make some homemade apple pie filling. I have no idea why, but I just have. So I bought an apple peeler and went to town this week. It was so fun. I LOVE the apple peeler and this thing is going to be great. Don't know why I haven't had one of these before, but better late than never. The girls are going to have fun with this too. Way more fun to eat curly apples than plain old cut ones!
Lastly, a few notes about the girls. I think I am turning Lexi into a procrastinator. A while back I got into the habit of telling her that when she couldn't have something or do something today she could have it or do it tomorrow. So now when I ask her to do something she says that she will do that tomorrow. Or if she asks for something and I say no, she automatically asks if she can have it tomorrow. I have engrained into her head that there is always tomorrow! This is probably not a good mindset to have at such a young age. When they give her homework in third grade she'll be like "Yeah, I'll do that tomorrow." What have I done?!
Then, Lizette is learning some of life's lessons at school already. She came home the other day and said "Mom, why do all of the kids talk to Callie Sue more than me?" I said, "Well, Callie Sue talks to all of the kids a lot honey. They probably feel comfortable because they know that she likes them." I went on to explain how the kids might not know if she likes them or not if she doesn't talk to them and that maybe she should try saying hi more often or asking them to play at recess. She sat there for the longest time pretty quiet. And then with teary eyes she said "Mom, I am going to ask someone to play with me tomorrow. And I'm not even going to have the teacher help me. I'm going to do it all by myself." I could see the wheels turning. I was happy for her and sad for her all at once. I feel for her because I know how hard it is to be shy and how hard it is to feel left out and awkward. But I'm happy that she is wanting to make friends and excited to try to do something about it. She is so lucky to be in the school she is in. They work with her so well and have been really good to help her. So glad for that! We had this conversation after school and it struck me how lucky I was to be standing there having this conversation with her. Just having that moment to listen to her and to hear about her day meant the world to me. Love these memories with my kids! Love that she opened up to me about it. Really hope that never ends!
No comments:
Post a Comment