Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A little catching up to do!

The last few weeks have been a bit of an adjustment as school has started. It's actually been a very nice adjustment! I like being on a schedule and being back on a routine again. I love it! The girls do better. I do better. Everyone just seems to do better in our house during the school year. Don't get me wrong. I do love summer. I'm just a schedule person, so school and I get along great.

So far, these are what our good days look like. And I emphasize our good days! On the other days, I don't shower until 4:00 and the girls are eating cereal every meal. But in my ideal world, this is how our days go. The girls get up about 7:30 and have breakfast and morning scripture study. Then they watch Peppa Pig while I eat and put laundry in or whatever I need to do. Then we get them ready. Next we have study time which is when Lizette reads and Lexi studies her shapes, colors, letters, etc.  After that, they play for a bit while I do some more little house chores. Then it's time for lunch and off to school for Lizette. Lexi comes home and takes a nap while Lizette is at school and that gives me about 2-1/2 hours to get things done, which I am loving! I don't know how long Lexi will be napping but I am going to take advantage of every last day that she does. Our house and life is going to be organized. Every last project that I have been wanting to do will be done I tell you! This is precious time that mothers can sometimes only dream of having!

A few tidbits about Lizette's school: I love it! Lizette loves it! It's everything we dreamed kindergarten would be. :-) Her teacher is so nice. Lizette has made several new friends and I am so happy for her! She even initiated a play date on her own. This is huge for her! I think her teacher has been very good to work with her and help her to ease into her environment and social groups. I haven't had to push her at all. Each day she comes home having made friends with someone new it seems and I am so happy about that. Can't wait for Parent Teacher conferences to learn more about what's been going on! I signed up to volunteer in the classroom next week too so I can do some spying then. ;-)


A fun Labor Day weekend...

Jeff had a couple of days off for Labor Day weekend and we had fun having him home. We caught up on a little bit of yard work. Or I should say, HE caught up on a little bit of yard work. :-) Then we took the girls to the balloon launch down at Ann Morrison Park which is always fun. They loved it!




Afterwards, we stopped off at Country Donuts for some treats. Yum! 



I'm just glad that Lexi will finally eat a doughnut! For the longest time she wouldn't. She still won't eat bread, but at least she has seen the light and will eat a doughnut now.

Some organizing projects...

I've been on a bit of an organizing kick lately. I really, really want to get an organizing blog and eventually my own organizing business of some sort going. I don't know what is holding me back. I guess fear mainly. I love to organize and think it would be fun to just do it as even a little side thing for people. Seems like a lot of people could use it! But I guess it's just sort of hard to put yourself out there, you know? Anyway, I get really inspired with ideas and think that I could really help people with this and that and start implementing things in my own house so that I can showcase it on my blog someday. Here are a couple of small samples. Nothing major, but little helpful hints that people might find useful. The first I found on Pinterest and I love this idea. Have you seen it? Lazy Susan's in the fridge! I think Lazy Susan's should be used where ever possible. They are great! And in the fridge....genius! This way you're not having to reach around things to find that jar of pickles in the back of the shelf. It's great. I love it.


The second little tool is this great way to organize purses so that they are stored conveniently out of your way. Hang them on the back of a door. You can buy this purse organizer at Wal-Mart and I'm sure at Target and other places too. At Wal-Mart they are $4.88. There are several hooks to hang your bags on. You can also attach it to the wall if you do not want to hang it on your door. I am all for using wall space to organize. Get things up off the floor and off of the counters so that your spaces are not so cluttered, right?! It's a great idea for bags and so far, I am really liking this way to store my extra purses and bags. They also have these types of organizers for hats and flip flops.



Grandma and Grandpa came to town!

We had a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Rigby and the girls were thrilled! We always love it when they come but a surprise visit is even better. They even brought some fresh tomatoes and cucumbers from their garden that are oh so good! Nothing like fresh from the garden. Thanks Grandpa! Of course they spent every last moment making memories with the kids and loving them to pieces.

They just started working in the Logan temple and they are loving it. I can only imagine how great they are in that role. So kind and making everyone feel so at home I'm sure!




Well, I think that's it for now. The only other thing going on in our house these days is politics! It is heavy on our mind! With all of the news coverage on Mitt Romney and his Mormon faith, I've been thinking I would write a few thoughts on Mormonism on my blog. I know that out of my ten or so readers maybe half are LDS and half are not LDS. Maybe you would be interested in hearing my perspective? It's been interesting to watch all of the news coverage to say the least. Maybe I'll do that tonight. I would like to share. And I know you're dying to hear what I have to say. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I want to hear what you have to say!!
    And I'm so glad school is going so well for Lizette.

    ReplyDelete