Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day and The Preschool Zoo Field Trip

I had a great Mother's Day. I know Mother's Day can bring a lot of mixed feelings for a lot of people, including me. For one, I miss my mom dearly and I can't help but get sad that she isn't still here to share this day with. I know so many who are in my same shoes with that. Secondly, I think many moms feel guilty that they are not better moms so Mother's Day only magnifies this feeling. Then there are the huge expectations that Mother's Day should be a glorious day for mom and that if the exactly perfect and thoughtful gift is not purchased or made, the whole day is a bust. Too much pressure folks! 

With all of that said, I try to focus on the fact that I had a wonderful mother and I'm so grateful for all she taught me in life. On top of that, I am so blessed to be able to be a mom. Even with all of my imperfections, my girls love me and I am the one they need around when things are going good or bad. How lucky am I to be able to be that person in someone's life? I am blessed to have a husband that feels so very strongly about my role as a mother. So, from now on, Mother's Day for me will be a day of gratitude. But let's be honest...the presents and attention are nice too. :-)

Yesterday was Lizette's preschool field trip to the zoo. The girls had a ton of fun. As part of the field trip, we took part in a scavenger hunt to find certain animals and learn about them. I snapped some cute pics of my girls. Lizette is looking so grown up to me these days. She is so ready for kindergarten and to be a big kid.




No comments:

Post a Comment