Thursday, May 10, 2012

Busy, busy and busy...

Okay, it's been so long since I've blogged that I didn't even realize Blogger had changed! What is up with this anyway? I feel very out of sorts right now. I don't like change.

So, it's been what, a month since I've blogged?! Honestly, I don't even know where to begin.

First things first. The girls are doing great. They are both so cute. So cute. Lizette is going to take a summer dance course. She has preschool graduation coming up soon. There is a small chance now that she may get into the beloved Christine Donnell school for kindergarten next year. She's up to number five on the waiting list! So pray that five families will move. :-) I've heard that being in the number five spot at this point in the game is pretty good. Cross your fingers!

Lexi is adorable. So cute in all that she does. She broke out in song in the library the other day and it was precious. She also fell down the stairs while bouncing on the new "bouncy ball" the other day. (Shhhh. Daddy doesn't know about that one.) I've been trying to teach her to focus when she walks so that she doesn't fall down so much. It's comical to watch her focusing so intently on each step. She also takes huge, deliberate steps when she does this. The poor girl takes after her mother in the graceful department.

Recent cute things they have said:

Lizette: "Mom, I want to get a pink mow-lawner so I can help Dad mow the lawn."

Lexi: As she doesn't get her way, and in her Elmer Fudd way of speaking, "Not fair! Not fair at all!"

Lizette: As Lexi is throwing a fit, "Oh, what a fuss about nothin'!"

And everything with Lizette lately is that she wants to be a something...er. One day it's a balleter, the next day it's a rock and roller, the next day it's a footballer. It's so funny how she says it.

Hopefully one day very soon I will get some current pics of both of them up on the blog. IF I can figure out how to with this new Blogger. Grrrrrr!

And the reason for my long delay in blogging is that we have been extremely busy! Jeff's new position at Idaho Power is busy to say the least. He's also been helping to duplicate my Paparazzi website for other consultants. (That's another long story!) So, he works long days and then comes home to work on those. He also has a new calling (assignment) in our church as the Ward Clerk. This means that he is busy for most of Sunday and many weeknights trying to learn all about what he is doing. The poor man has almost no down time these days.

On top of all this, my church calling is also very busy and then I have brought this whole jewelry business into our lives. Maybe not the best timing! Any additional things on the schedule seem stressful. So when I have an open house or some event going on, it seems like a lot to add to our plate. I hate leaving for the evening when I've barely seen Jeff at all and I feel bad leaving him when he is exhausted. So, I've not been pushing my jewelry business much. I do enjoy it and I'm still glad that I am doing it. I just don't want to fill up all of our spare time with my business venture. An open house here and there will be just fine for me right now.

With all that said, all of my spare time has been focused on my family lately. So no time to blog! But all in all we are doing great. I love Jeff more and more each day and appreciate the sacrifices he makes on his family's behalf. I love that when we are under stress, we really pull together to work it all out. I pick up where he needs help and he does the same for me. He and I just "work", you know?

As for me, I will be turning 39 in 10 days! Yikes! 39. Really? 39. Well, I've decided that I don't want to be depressed because of getting older. 39 is still young! Yes time is going too fast, but I've still got lots of it left. (Hopefully) And I have two new beauty secrets that are helping me feel better about myself. #1: I am wearing high heels more. Well, since a few weeks ago when I bought some super cute wedge heels while shopping with the Lambs. When I wear them, I look taller, thinner and more stylish. Relatively speaking. Never mind the fact that I fell down the stairs the other day. Beauty comes with a price sometimes. :-) And #2: Jergen's Natural Glow body moisturizer. It makes me look better and feel better. Yes, my skin may look orange sometimes when I get a little carried away around the elbows or something, but overall it works great.  In case you are wondering, yes I am going through somewhat of a mid-life crisis. I'm not ashamed to admit it. It may take a year or two or five to get through it. Who knows? In the mean time, I'm going to rock it with my killer fake tan and high heels. :-)

Oh and don't let me forget to tell you about my pillows! Next post...pictures for sure. I am so proud of them. :-)



2 comments:

  1. You are right about multiple things....high heels and a tan are life changing....AND the most important thing - you and Jeff do just "WORK". I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can revert back to the old blogger. There is an icon in the (I think) upper right with settings and you can choose to go back to the old way. That's what I did cause I prefer what I am familiar with and know how to work. I am going to have to try that Jergens cause I am WHITE! Would love more heels as well, but my feets can't take it nor my balance. :)

    ReplyDelete