I'll start with Lexi. Yesterday, Jeff gets home from work and says, "Lexi, what did you do today?" She says, "I pooped." Jeff: "Oh, what else did you do?" Lexi (very matter of factly): "I tooted." I guess I need to get her out more!
You may have seen this one on Facebook already. During dinner last night, Lexi proceeds to dump her dinner into the garbage including the bowl. Frustrated because she does this all the time, I say, "Darn you Lexi!" She looks at me and yells "Dawn YOU!!" I guess we know who won that argument!
Today we went through the drive through at the bank. As I'm getting my deposit ready, she says "Chocolate Milk!" I say, no this isn't McDonald's Lexi. Lexi: "Regular milk?" Me: No Lexi, this isn't McDonald's, it's the bank where we get money, not food." Pause... Lexi: "Ice cream?!" Followed by Lizette and I in hysterics.
On to Lizette. Today as I was cleaning out the garage, Lizette goes "Mom you never play with me anymore. Why are you always so busy?" I felt terrible. I have been distracted lately. Between starting my jewelry business and having lots of "spring cleaning" projects, I know I haven't been the most fun mom. So I tried to explain to her why I had been so busy and told her I promise to do better. I said "Do you want to trade me in for a new mom?" After giving it some thought, she says "No, I guess we'll keep you." Sad she had to think about it, but I'm glad that she decided not to give up on me yet!
Yesterday, she made this:
This is Suzie. The front of her is her in her daytime wear, a cute striped, pink dress. Turn it over to see her nighttime wear - a nice pajama ensemble. Notice she is wearing earrings. At night, Lizette will take the earrings out and put them in so they are on the pajama side. In the morning she will switch them to the dress side. I thought that was pretty clever thinking. I like her fashion sensibility too!
Another thing I have noticed about Lizette lately. When her friends come over to play, she tends to boss the boys around much more than the girls. Today, poor little Jaxn got a lecture that went like this, "Jaxn, do you need to go to the bathroom?" Jaxn: "No." Lizette: "Jaxn, tell the truth. If you need to go, then you need to tell me, okay?" Keep in mind that Jaxn is only a few months younger than Lizette. It's not like he is three or something. It's just funny to listen to her. I've noticed this before. It seems like she is way more confident in bossing the boys around than the girls. I don't know if it's just that the boys don't really care so they put up with it or what.
Lastly, I have joined the tissue paper pom-pom revolution! :-) Thanks to inspiration from Becky, Hilary and Pinterest, I decided I had to have some of these cute little creations in the girls' room.
No comments:
Post a Comment